Villa Amy – Villa in Canggu
Villa Amy is a romantic three-bedroom villa that promises guests a unique tropical holiday experience. Located five minutes from Berawa Beach and only 15 minutes from the buzz of Seminyak Villa, Amy’s contemporary interpretation of heritage chic is inspired. Oriented for privacy on separate terraces edged by cascading pools and lily ponds are three pavilions – all antique Javanese joglos with their four-pillar carved teakwood core, full of the owner’s oriental and Indonesian curios and collectibles. Their interiors are brought bang up to date with soaring glass sliding doors, glamorous furniture, iPod docks, TVs, and other bells and whistles of 21st Century living.
Whether swimming in the free-form pool fed by a waterfall, gazing over the rice fields from the shade of the balé, or watching a film in the air-conditioned comfort of the bedroom, Villa Amy offers many corners for quiet time well as social interaction. As one of four villas in the exclusive Dea Villas Estate, it accords its guests with a range of facilities that few Bali villas can offer. Where else could you wobble off the calories on a Powerplate in a professionally equipped air-conditioned gym, work up a sweat in the sauna and then pop into the dedicated spa for a deliciously choreographed four-hand massage? And all that while the kids let off steam on swings and slides in the playground?
While Villa Amy would suit a family, a few couples – even honeymooners who’d like a little more space for themselves. You can also rent it in conjunction with any (or all) of the three other Villa Radha (one bedroom), Villa Sarasvati, and Villa Sati (both four bedrooms). Between them, the four villas have a total of 12 bedrooms for 24 people (with 8+ extra beds possible), offering the flexibility of different combinations for multiple families holidaying together, large groups of friends, and wedding parties. Villa Amy guests also enjoy an exemplary level of service. Among the 29-strong staff serving Dea Villas are butlers working in shifts 24/7, and three chefs dab hands at creating everything from poolside snacks to gourmet dinners from a reasonably priced menu.
We know that since the pandemic, it has been difficult for many to travel. That’s why we are doing our best to make sure you have a vacation that will make you forget the recent events. Bali is a beautiful island. It is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Between its beautiful beaches and its magnificent environment, everything is there to make you feel in paradise. The most important thing for you will be to come back to spend your next vacation there. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team will be happy to help you as much as we can. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We want to be reachable at any time in case of a problem. That’s why don’t wait any longer and taste paradise.
Sitting at the center of Villa Amy, with rice-terrace views beyond louvered shutters, is the open-sided, fan-cooled antique joglo living pavilion with its magnificently carved pillars and ornate ceiling. On one side, parallel to a pond complete with fire-bowl and carved sandstone screen, sits a four-meter-long teak wood table with tub chairs at the heads and cushioned benches on both sides, seats 10 with space to spare. On the other side, an oversized sofa and chairs look onto the waterfall-fed swimming pool and, rising above, the master bedroom pavilion.
Hidden behind a reclaimed brick wall is a small but well-equipped kitchen with two fridges, a wine fridge, an espresso machine, and a walk-in pantry. In the garden are more corners for relaxation. On the poolside sundeck, a pair of sun loungers sit side-by-side, and a daybed shaded by an age-greyed thatch roof is raised on river rocks for a better view of the rice terraces. All three bedrooms boast delightfully private seating in a hidden garden setting.
Villa Amy’s three bedrooms offer a level of privacy that is rare in similar-sized villas in Bali. With soaring ceilings, floors of terrazzo or teakwood are edged in acid-washed marble. They are infused with light from towering windows and extra-wide sliding doors that open onto private garden terraces and tropical bathrooms with double basins, rain showers, and double bathtubs carved from river rock. All have air conditioning, overhead fans, iPod docks, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and DVD players. And throughout each room are scattered glorious oriental and Indonesian antiques, curios, carvings, and ceramics.
The palatial master bedroom suite is simply stunning. Between soaring reclaimed teak wood pillars raised on terrazzo, plinths rest a king-size bed cocooned by billowing net curtains to create a room-within-a-room. A large sitting area with deeply cushioned over-size sofa and armchairs leads onto a sun-drenched terrace with a double sunbed looking over a foliage-strewn pond towards the living pavilion below. Behind the bed is a huge dressing area, and to the side are sliding doors to an enormous semi-open bathroom with a statement river-stone bathtub set by an antique Chinese screen.
Behind the master bedroom suite and under the same soaring roof is a guest bedroom. Here, twin beds flanked by a built-in wardrobe and dressing tables face a small sun terrace guarded by a Ganesha statue and, to one side, a tropical garden bathroom.
Occupying its own pavilion on the lower terrace is a second guest bedroom. Defining the space is the four-pillar core of a traditional joglo, into which a king-size bed sits on a raised terrazzo platform. A daybed rests between twin desks; on the other, sliding doors open onto a private garden. Beyond the dressing area is a large bathroom under a separate pavilion roof, with a huge river-rock tub for sun-bright or starlight bathing.
Located in Dea villas offer wide Villa selection side by side
Service and Facilities
- Located at Berawa, near Canggu, Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity for 6 people (3 ensuite bedrooms: 2 with king-size beds, 1 with twin beds convertible to a king). May set up 1 extra bed at the guest’s request (additional charge applies).
- Open-sided living and dining pavilion with table for 14; poolside balé.
- 8m x 6m x 1.5m pool
- Villa manager; supervisors; guest services assistant; butlers; chefs and cooks; maintenance engineers; gardeners; security. A total of 29 staff are shared between the 4 Dea villas.
- A priced menu of Balinese, Indonesian, Asian, Western, vegetarian, and kids’ dishes; Indonesian and Chinese set meals; barbecue menus; off-menu requests also accommodated (including special diets). Daily breakfast is included in the rate.
- WiFi Internet access throughout; telephone landline for local and international calls (on guest account); office fax and printer available for guest use.
- Satellite channel TVs, DVD players in all bedrooms; iPod docks.
- Facilities include a children’s playground with swings, slides, sandpit, and Wendy’s house. Dea Villas is exceptionally well equipped for families.
- Shared with the other Dea estate villas is a professional air-conditioned gym with a recumbent cycle, treadmill, weight station, Power plate, 2 bicycles.
- Dea Spa, shared by all 4 Dea villas, includes massage beds, a large traditional sauna, a Whirlpool-style outdoor bathtub, a comprehensive spa menu (extra costs apply).
- A car and driver are available for up to 8 hours at a special daily rate of US$ 35++ (excluding petrol).
- Barbecue; safe deposit box in each bedroom; backup generator.
- Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
- Daily breakfast
- Personal service by the villa including full-time manager, chef, security
- Car and driver at a special rate of USD 35++
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival
- Turn down service
- Wi-Fi Internet connection
- Airport transfer included minimum 5 nights stay by Beach Bali Villas
Rates in USD
| 3 Bedroom
*Rates are subject to 15,5 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season periods are subject to change without prior notice.
||06 Jan – 19 Jan
30 Jan – 31 Mar
17 Apr – 27 Apr
02 May – 08 Jun
22 Oct – 14 Dec
|20 Jan – 29 Jan
01 Apr – 06 Apr
11 Apr – 16 Apr
28 Apr – 01 May
09 Jun – 22 Jun
27 Aug – 21 Oct
|07 Apr – 10 Apr
23 Jun – 26 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 06 Jan 2024